Area Sales Manager - Seatex
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Kongsberg Seatex is a company within the Sensors and Robotics division in Kongsberg Maritime. The division also comprises the businesses of Subsea (Horten) and Sensing Solutions (Trondheim). We focus on further development of product-oriented businesses and operations based on a strong technology platform. Kongsberg Seatex develop and produce world class products for positioning, navigation and communication comprising GNSS, Attitude, Radar and electrooptical sensors and technology
An exciting opportunity has arisen as an Area Sales Manager. We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet our targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. The right person will also look for cross selling other products in our portfolio as part of meeting the customer demand. Other focus areas will be cost and performance excellence to keep our offerings innovative and competitive. You will join an experienced team, and together we are responsible for maximizing our sales potential.
Extensive travel activity must be expected.
In this position your main responsibilities are:
- To create and maintain customer relations
- Develop sales and customer strategies for our products and solutions
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives
- Operational sales towards defined areas and customers
- Preparation of quotations and manage contract negotiations
- Coordinate customer activities with sales resources within KONGSBERG.
- Order intake budget, prognoses short and long term.
- Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Arranging to attend industry conferences and events.
- Educated at degree level from relevant subject.
- Sales and marketing experience from the maritime industry.
- Experience in customer negotiation, sales and commercial processes.
- Good communication skills in both English and Norwegian.
You are able to
- develop an ambitious, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Vidar Bjørkedal, VP Sales & Customer Support Department, +47 90137390
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication