An exciting opportunity has arisen as an Application Engineer, in the Global Customer Support - Technical Support and Engineering Department. In this role you will work within the Advanced Maneuvering product systems, performing application engineering on upgrades, retrofit and modifications - fulfilling the customer’s needs in the global market. The Advanced Maneuvering systems are integrated top systems containing functions for thruster controls, autopilot, autonomy, and positioning systems.
You are comfortable working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and results-oriented culture. You like working in an organization where expectations are high, and where the reward is personal development and career opportunities in an agile environment.
- Assist in the sales process, identifying customer needs, opportunities and solutions
- Application Engineering in the hardware-, software-, and digital-domains
- Cooperation with external parties, like classification societies, suppliers and customers
- Develop/adapt solutions to sailing ships
- Support of Service-engineers and production
- Some travel may be needed in fulfilling these tasks
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor in Automation / Electronics / IT /Other relevant experience
- Experience using CAD and PLM tools
- Knowledge to relevant products used in the maritime Industry
- Fluent in English and Norwegian - verbal and written
You are able to
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourage the team.
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
You can participate in duty-rotation as needed.
Point of contact
Truls Antonsen, Department Manager, +47 926 34 011
You will be part of our Global Customer Support division which is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Integrated Solution Services is a part of Global Customer Support. The department comprises the businesses Automation & Bridge and Energy & Systems. We focus on further development of product-oriented businesses and operations based on a strong technology platform. The department will play an active role shaping the new and strengthened Kongsberg Maritime.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication