AMS Technical Support Engineer
KONGSBERG MARITIME (UK) LTD
Aftermarket Services (AMS) Technical Support
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Commercial Marine business for the role of AMS Technical Support Engineer to join the Aftermarket Services at our offices in Dunfermline, Scotland.
In this role you will undertake primarily mechanical engineering support activities for our stabiliser and steering gear products primarily within, but not limited to, Aftermarket Services (AMS). As well as working alongside the AMS Engineers, the role will provide technical support to Spares, Service, Projects, Operations and Sales & Proposals personnel with any related support tasks.
- Engineering tasks associated with the production and overhaul of original equipment manufactured products, predominantly ship stabilisers and steering gear.
- Remote Point Of Contact for field service engineers, customers and sales for aftermarket technical queries.
- Creation of work package information such as procedures and BOMs within the ERP system.
- Global customer and operator support and training. (May include overseas travel)
- Maintenance and management of the worklist database.
You should be used to working in a rigorous documentation environment and prepared to use your own initiative. You should be able to work with little supervision and contribute positively to the Aftermarket team.
- Process oriented with a focus on quality – right first time
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Friendly, cooperative & professional attitude
- Genuine team player with good interpersonal skills
- Well-motivated, independent self-starter
- Innovative & lateral thinker
- Strong work ethic
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- Experience in design of mechanical components for steel fabrication & assembly
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures, welding, machine shop, casting & forging techniques
- Good computer skills (MS Office, various relevant applications)
- Knowledge of classification society rules (desirable)
- Experience in use of MRP / ERP systems (desirable)
- Experience in mechanical design assessment using a range of tools and techniques (desirable)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics (desirable)
- Working knowledge of control systems (desirable)
- Practical mechanical experience (desirable)
- Valid EU Passport or other current permission to work in the UK
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus