Aftermarket Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Aftermarket Sales Manager, reporting to Head of Aftermarket Sales.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales in the region. You will be on a highly motivated team who are responsible for customer relations in the region as well as ensuring order intake. You will work closely with our product centers in the Nordic to ensure effective customer and sales leadership. You are responsible to develop regional sales budget for your assigned segment and use strategies and plans and to ensure optimizing ways of working between the region and our product centers to the best of our customers. Working effectively across our business is key and you will be interfacing and collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders and colleagues.
- Leading and proactively driving sales activities for all KM products to dedicated customers, using established sales reporting tools
- Ensuring a unified approach (“one KM”) towards customers and coordinating customer meetings
- Implementing marketing activities to promote GCS products to customers through campaigns, service letters, system upgrades, and lifecycle management
- Planning maintenance activities for customers, collaborating with spares, technical support, sales support, and after-market product sales teams
- Securing service agreements for strategically important customers with approval from GCS Top Management
- Owning and maximizing customer satisfaction, acting as the point of contact for customer escalations
- Serving as the main contact person for defined customers within GCS and ensuring they connect with the right department or individuals
- Preparing commercial proposals for new functionality, modifications, and retrofit solutions, primarily for CAT-1 & CAT-2 projects with approval from the product sales division
- Proactively understanding the customer’s fleet and operations to offer relevant products and services
- Facilitating communication within GCS Sales and Global Sales & Marketing
- Contributing to budgeting and forecasting processes
- Managing customer information in the CRM system
- Ensuring adherence to the “Align Process.”
- Tracking and reporting agreed-upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Actively participating in Continuous Improvement Projects to boost aftermarket sales
- Being willing to travel as required
- May have CRM responsibilities towards defined customers as per the GCS Customer responsible list
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years of sales or Technical Field Service experience
- Relationship Management experience
- Experience establishing and executing successful sales activities or Customer Support activities
- Authorized to work lawfully in the US without company sponsorship
- This position will be eligible for local US terms and conditions of employment
What we can offer
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
Expected pay range
Travel within US and Internationally required
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.