Do you want to work with electronics on a system level?
Product Advisor Electronics
We are expanding our activity within acoustic positioning and communication products for subsea operation and wants to strengthen the product management and development team.
The position will be working closely to system and software developers in our Sensor and Robotics (S&R) division in Horten. The main purpose of the position is to manage electronics in the life cycle of a product and participate in developing new solutions at system level for world class positioning and communication systems HiPAP and cNODE.
Main tasks and responsibilities
You will become a part of our dedicated product management team and work closely with product managers, product advisors and designers. Main task will be to manage design updates for electronical parts, work with solutions and specifications for development of new products and systems. You will participate in test, verification and system documentation of complete products in our laboratories and onboard our vessels in Horten.
- Keep up to date with the latest relevant technologies and methods within our domain
- Integration of products and solutions to meet customer survey application needs
- Maintain production documentation and life cycle issues
Qualifications and experience
- BSc or MSc Degree in electronics or computing
- Experience from offshore survey and operations
- Knowledge of PCB design, testing and production
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to:
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit package with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Jan-Erik Faugstadmo, Product Line Manager, phone +47 992 03 957
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication