Ethics and Compliance Manager
Kongsberg Maritime (KM) is a business area in Kongsberg Gruppen ASA. KM offers a wide range of products and fully integrated energy, handling and operational solutions to the seaborne, offshore and marine marketplaces.
The Compliance Department of KM is responsible for the implementation and operation of the Kongsberg Gruppen's compliance program by providing training, guidance and advice to the business, Compliance Due Diligence (CDD), investigations, as well as sustainability and social responsibility.
The position will report to the Compliance Officer at KM, and will provide an excellent opportunity to work with large and small teams in different locations and to develop a long-lasting network of contacts throughout the business.
- Provide unsupervised advice and guidance to KM on specific Ethics and Compliance risks together with mitigation strategies;
- Providing guidance and advice to KM on the interpretation, application and implementation of ABC Compliance directives and procedures;
- Perform and review Due diligence on third parties and make preliminary decisions on whether to proceed with dealing with such parties;
- Manage specified ABC Compliance processes and maintain necessary records.
- Delivering training on Ethics and Compliance topics
- Compile and present data, statistics, KPIs and reports on ethics and compliance.
- Supporting Ethics and Compliance control and monitoring program and Business assurance
- Writing local standard operating procedures for the Ethics and Compliance activities undertaken on a regular basis;
- Commenting on centrally developed policies and procedures;
- Investigation of Ethics and Compliance concerns;
- Reviewing and monitoring the Ethics and Compliance policies and procedures of Kongsberg KM Joint Venture companies;
- Conducting Due Diligence site visits and co-ordinating applications for Third Parties.
- Legal, accountancy or relevant business degree or experience within Commercial;
- A proven background of working within in Ethics and Compliance preferred;
- Knowledge of how the KM business operates and therefore, where Ethics and ABC Compliance risks are most likely to arise;
- Experience of delivering training or giving presentations to groups of people - Desirable
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience of conducting investigations - Desirable
- Auditing skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Confident and experienced enough, to stand up to management challenge and promote doing the right thing;
- Demonstrably high degree of practicality and pragmatism;
Singapore (Some travelling must be expected)
We can offer you:
- A challenging job in a hectic and exciting environment
- Good training and development opportunities
- Competitive conditions